Step 3

Contracts & council submission

Council – How it Works

How do we get things moving?
  • We now know exactly how your home will look and exactly how much it will cost. We now have to complete a contract between both parties.
  • The detailed tender will form part of that contract. This is why it is so important to get the detailed tender as accurate as possible.
  •  We prepare the contracts and specifications based on the final plans and detailed tender. These contracts will be delivered to you, so you can read them in your own time, without the undue pressure of having to understand the documents the first time you see them. Once you are ready to sign, please arrange a meeting with us to go through the documents together and sign and exchange contracts.
What type of contract do we use?

We use the NSW Government Department of Fair Trading Building Contract. Click on the logo to view the Building Contract.

What is Home Owners Warranty (HOW)?
  • HOW provides a set period of cover for loss caused by defective or incomplete work in the event of the death, disappearance or insolvency of the contractor.
  • Every home we build has a job-specific HOW policy. After signing contracts we will issue you with a job-specific HOW policy for the construction of your new home.  
Who liaises with council?
  • We alleviate the hassle of dealing with local Council and Private Certifiers. We submit plans on your behalf and monitor them throughout the approval process.
  • In some instances, Council may request additional reports depending on your block location (eg. bushfire, acoustic reports etc.) to accompany your development application. We can assist by coordinating these requests on your behalf.
  • We have experience with municipalities all over Sydney and regional areas and are familiar with the processes involved.
What is a Private Certifying Authority (PCA)?
  • The PCA is an appointed authority that carries out specific inspections during the construction process of the home. The inspections are done to ensure compliance with the Building Code of Australia and adherence to the Development Consent.
  • Upon completion of the home, the PCA will certify that the home is complete as per the development consent and fit for occupation.
Where to from here?

Once the contracts are signed and the HOW is issued, we submit to Council and appoint a PCA.  After approval, we will be ready to commence construction.

Luxury Homes By Tom Bazdaric
Copyright 2019
Built By Getmilk

HIA NSW 2019 Award Winners!

The HIA Housing Awards recognise excellence in residential building and design. Camelot Homes was awarded wins in 2 categories.

View The Winning Design

View Our Awards



2019 HIA NSW Housing Awards


NSW Medium kitchen of the year

2019 HIA NSW Housing Awards